AS A JUNIOR IN 2018:
• Played in 10 games as a reserve in the secondary and on special teams.
• Named the WEEI Special Teams Player of the Year.
• Totaled six tackles and three blocked punts on the year.
• Finished the season ranked fourth in the nation in blocked kicks.
• Blocked two punts during the victory at Georgetown, both of which were returned for touchdowns.
• Had a blocked punt which was returned for a touchdown at Boston College.
• Made a season-best two tackles during the win over Lehigh.
• Selected to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2017:
• Appeared in 10 games as a backup safety and on special teams.
• Totaled eight tackles on the season.
• Recorded two solo tackles against Fordham, Monmouth and Yale.
• Also made tackles against Lehigh and New Hampshire.
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2016:
• Saw action in one game as a backup tailback.
• Carried once for eight yards at Lafayette.
• Played for head coaches Jim Tietjen and Jacob Wolter at Whitefish Bay High School in Whitefish Bay, Wis.
• Served as team captain during his senior season.
• Earned first team All-North Shore Conference honors as a senior, after being a second team selection as a junior.
• Received All-Region honors from the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association in 2015.
• Rushed 271 times for 1,695 yards and 20 touchdowns in his high school career, while catching 52 passes for 803 yards and five scores.
• Selected to play in the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association All-Star game.
• Also lettered in track and field, basketball and baseball.
• Son of Mark and Carolyn Kortebein.
• Father played football at both Tulane University and Ripon College, where he earned All-Midwest Conference honors.
• Has one brother (Evan) and two sisters (Emma and Nora).
• Majoring in Economics and History.