Patriot League Academic Honor Roll (2016-2017, 2018-2019).
2019 Outdoor (Junior):
- Placed 24th in the 5,000 (15:10.71) and 14th in the 10,000 (32:50.90) at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships (5/3).
- Placed fourth at the Holy Cross Men’s Meet in the 1,500, running a 4:07.10 (4/23).
2018-2019 Indoor (Junior):
- Had a personal best in the 3,000, running an 8:47.06, at the Boston University David Hemery Valentine Invitational (2/8).
- Finished fifth in the mile, running a 4:35.44, vs. UNH (1/19).
- Competed in the outdoor 1,500m, one-mile run, 5,000m and 10,000m and indoor 1,000m, one-mile run, 3,000m and 5,000m.
- Ran a career-best in the outdoor 10,000m (32:27.62) at the Patriot League Championships.
- Posted a career-best in the indoor 5,000m (15:26.10).
- Ran a season-best time in the outdoor 1,500m (4:06.50).
- Recorded a career-best time in the outdoor one-mile run with a time of 4:25.21.
- Competed in the 1 mile, 3,000, 5,000 and 10,000-meter runs (Led the Crusaders in the outdoor 5,000-meter run).
- Posted season-best times for the 1 mile (4:43.63) at the Maine and Holy Cross Men Duel Meet (2/4), the 3,000-meter run (9:20.16) at the UNH vs Holy Cross Meet (1/21), the 5,000-meter run (15:09.42) at the Tiger Track Classic and the 10,000-meter run (33:02.33) at the U Mass Minutemen Track and Field Invitational (4/15).
- Finished sixth in the 3,000-meter run (9:20.16) at the UNH vs Holy Cross Meet (1/21).
- Placed ninth in the 1 mile run (4:43.63) at the Maine and Holy Cross Men Duel Meet (2/4).
- Qualified for and finished 19th overall for the 5,000-meter run (15:46.76) at the Patriot League Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- Also qualified for and finished 15th overall for the 10,000-meter (33:05.46) at the Patriot League Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
- Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
Before Holy Cross:
- Ran two years of varsity cross country and four years of varsity indoor and outdoor track at St. Rose High under head coach Pete Casagrande, serving as team captain for both cross country and track his senior year.
- Was two-time runner-up in the Coast Star Runner of the Year.
- Named cross country team’s Best Newcomer (2014) and team MVP (2015).
- Cross country team was Six Flags Invitational Winners in 2015.
- Recorded personal record of 16:11 in the 5K and placed fourth in the Non-Public B State Championship in 2015.
- Named team MVP in both indoor and outdoor track during his senior year.
- Was a two-time runner up for the Coast Star Track and Field Athlete of the Year.
- Set school records in the 3,000-meter steeple chase and in the 3,200-meter outdoor run.
- Recorded personal records in the 1,600 (4:38) and in the 3200 (9:54).
- Outdoor track team was the Non-Public B South Team State Champions and Non-Public B Team State Champions in 2016.
- Ran as a member of the second-place distance medley relay team at the indoor Non-Public B State Relay Championships during his senior year and a member of the 4x800-meter relay team that won at the 2015 outdoor Non-Public B State Meet, as well as the 2016 Non-Public B State Meet, setting a school record of 8:18 in that event.
- Son of Mike and Carol.
- Father played soccer and rugby for Rutgers University (Class of 1980).
- Has one brother, Chris and two sisters, Katie and Annie.
- Majoring in political science.
Tuzzio's Top Performances
|2019||3000m (indoor)||8:47.06||Boston University Valentine Invitational (2/9)|
|2018||1 mile (Outdoor)||4:25.21||Ocean State Invitational (4/13)|
|3,000m||9:20.16||UNH vs Holy Cross Meet (1/21)|
|2018||5,000m (Indoor)||15:26.10||John Thomas Terrier Classic (1/26)|
|2017||5,000m (Outdoor)||15:09.42||Tiger Track Classic (4/7)|
|8,000m||26:55||Paul Short Invitational (10/1)|
Patriot League Championships (5/4)