Women's Soccer Earns 1-0 Victory Over American Saturday
|Shots on Goal||5||6|
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team defeated American by a score of 1-0 on Saturday afternoon. The Crusaders controlled possession for most of the first half, outshooting the Eagles 8-4. Sophomore Kelly Crowley broke the scoreless tie for Holy Cross in the 39th minute of play with an unassisted shot from 25 yards out.
In the second half, American responded with an offensive push and outshot the Crusaders 10-1. The Eagles also earned a pair of corner kick opportunities in the second half. Despite notching five shots on goal in the half, the Eagles were unable to find their way past sophomore goalkeeper Caroline Cashion, who was flawless in the shutout victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- American outshot the Crusaders 14-9.
- Cashion made four saves In net for Holy Cross.
- Ryleigh Brown stopped three shots on goal for the Eagles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Crowley’s goal was her first of the season.
- The Crusaders will be back in action Wednesday, Oct. 18 as they play host to Colgate at 7:05 p.m.