Holy Cross Falls To Marist, 85-74 On The Road
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed led the Crusaders with 25 points while adding seven rebounds, as Holy Cross fell to Marist by a score of 85-74 on the road Tuesday night at McCann Arena.
Sophomore Lauren Manis totaled 22 points with 13 rebounds and a game-high three steals for the Crusaders. Freshman Jenay Faulkner also finished the game with double-digit points, posting 12 points while adding five rebounds. Senior Tricia Byrne notched nine points on the night and posted four rebounds.
The Red Foxes were led by Rebekah Hand, who totaled 19 points while shooting 6-for-11 from the field and 3-for-6 from three-point range. Holy Cross shot 39.7% from the field while Marist shot 48.3%. The Red Foxes held the advantage in rebounds, 41-36.
WOMAN OF THE MATCH PRESENTED BY THE UNITED STATES MARINES
- Following the game, Manis was selected as the Woman of the Match presented the United States Marines.
- Manis added 22 points with 13 rebounds and a game-high three steals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Holy Cross opened the game with a 7-0 to take an early lead against Marist. The Red Foxes gained their first lead of the game, but a last-second jumper from Manis gave the Crusaders a 17-16 lead at the end of the first.
- The Crusaders maintained a narrow lead through most of the second quarter before Marist posted a 12-0 run and led Holy Cross 39-33 at halftime.
- Holy Cross got within four points early on in the third quarter, but Marist regained control of its advantage and pushed to lead 59=52 at the end of the third.
- In the fourth quarter, the Crusaders battled but got no closer than eight points and eventually fell by the final of 85-74.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Manis posted her first double-double of the season, and the ninth of her career. She totaled more than 20 points for the second-straight game.
- Holy Cross continues its season this Saturday, Nov. 18, as the Crusaders travel to Rider for a non-conference game at 2;00 p.m.