Women's Hockey Edged by Dartmouth, 4-3
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's hockey team lost to the Dartmouth Big Green, 4-3, Friday night. Junior Julie Matthias led the Crusaders with two goals, and senior Tessie Salatas had 25 saves on the night.
Score: Holy Cross 3 | Dartmouth 4
Records: Holy Cross (6-5-1) | Dartmouth (3-6-0, 1-4-0 ECAC)
Location: Hanover, N.H.
Date: Friday, Nov. 24
Time: 6:00 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dartmouth's Kate Landers scored two goals for the Big Green in the first and second periods to take a 2-0 lead over the Crusaders.
- Junior Julie Matthias netted her fourth goal of the season with six minutes remaining in the second period from seniors Emily Lissner and Kara Violette.
- Matthias came out strong in the third and scored in the first 30 seconds to tie the game 2-2. Violette was there for the assist.
- The Big Green scored two more goals in the third period to take a 4-2 lead with three minutes remaining in the game.
- Lissner scored for the Crusaders with 20 seconds left in the final period for her third goal of the year. Sophomore Victoria Young assisted Lissner on the goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Salatas had 25 saves on the night and Dartmouth's Shannon Ropp had 20.
- Violette has assisted on five of the last six Crusader goals and leads the team with 11 (3-11-14).
- Matthias has recorded two goals in the last two games.
The Crusaders will play St. Anselm in Manchester, N.H. Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.