Lissner, MacCuaig Lead Women's Hockey Past Saint Michael's
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women's hockey team downed Saint Michael's 10-0 at the Hart Center, Friday, Jan. 19. Senior Emily Lissner and freshman Katie MacCuiag recorded three goals each to lead the Crusaders. This is Lissner's second hat trick and MacCuiag's first.
2-0 HC (1st,1:13): Just 10 seconds later, Lissner scored again from Doherty and freshman Allison Attea.
5-0 (2nd, 7:59 PP): In the seventh minute of the second period, Saint Michael’s Arianna Boscia was sent to the penalty box for tripping. Junior Tori Messina scored her third power play goal of the season to extend the Crusaders lead, 5-0.
6-0 (2nd, 15:27): Attea assisted senior Kara Violette who skated at Saint Michael's Nicole Talcott and veered to the right to tap in her seventh of the season.
7-0 (2nd, 17:37): MaCuaig notched her second goal of the game from Reilly and freshman Antonia Matzka.
8-0 (2nd, 18:19): Lissner recorded her third goal of the game for her second hat trick of the season from Doherty.
9-0 (2nd, 19:19): One minute after Lissner’s goal, Violette tallied her second of the game from Matthias and Girard.
10 (3rd, 2:02): MacCuaig recorded her third goal of the game and first hat trick of the season from senior Kelsey Goostrey and Violette.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lissner recorded her second hat trick of the season and leads the team with 10 goals.
- MacCuiag also notched a hat trick and scored her ninth goal of the season.
- Doherty and Reilly each recorded a season-high three assists
- Violette tailled three points and leads the team with 25 on the season.
- Freshman Julia Pelletier got the win and is now 6-1-2 on the season. This was the freshman netminder's second consecutive shutout and fourth on the season.
- The Crusaders have won four straight and haven't lost since Nov. 24 against Dartmouth.
- Holy Cross will host Saint Michael’s for another game at the Hart Center on Jan. 20 at 2:05 p.m.