Men's Lacrosse Defeated At #15 Army
WEST POINT, N.Y. – The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team was defeated at #15 Army, 5-3, on Saturday.
The first quarter saw the most action as Army (5-2, 2-1 Patriot League) opened the game with three goals before Holy Cross (1-6, 0-4 Patriot League) closed the first 15 minutes with two goals of their own.
Army added just two goals across the second and third quarters, keeping Holy Cross from scoring. The Crusaders capped off the fourth quarter with a goal from Brad Baker but could not cut the Black Knights lead, 5-3.
Quarter 1 | HC 2 Army 3
- The Black Knights tallied goals at 14:04, 13:51, and 7:21 to take a 3-0 lead.
- Kevin Kodzis scored his fifth goal of the season on an unassisted tally at 5:40.
- Logan LeBlond added his second of the year, 35 seconds after Kodzis to cut the Black Knights lead within one.
Quarter 2 | HC 2 Army 4
- Army’s Connor DeWitt tallied the lone second quarter goal at 9:18.
Quarter 3 | HC 2 Army 5
- In the third quarter Army’s Nicholas Garofano tallied the only goal at 5:41.
Quarter 4 | HC 3 Army 5
- Brad Baker scored his first of the season at 2:44 of the final quarter.
- Dan O'Connell won six of his 12 faceoffs.
- Justin Lynskey led the Crusaders with four of the team’s nine caused turnovers.
- Jonathan Tesoro posted 12 saves in the game.
- The Crusaders are the only team have held Army to five goals in a game in the 2018 season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Army outshot Holy Cross, 35-31.
- Each team picked up 25 ground balls.
- Neither team converted on extra-man opportunities.
The Crusaders will host Brown on March 20 at 7:00 p.m. at Kuzniewski Field for a non-conference match up.