Men's Lacrosse Edged at Navy, 5-4
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team was edged by a late Navy goal, 5-4, on March 31.
The Crusaders took a 3-1 lead in the opening quarter but the Midshipmen evened the score with two goals in the second quarter. Just Holy Cross scored in the third quarter and Navy topped off the game with two goals in the final 15 minutes of action to win, 5-4.
- Kevin Kodzis recorded a hat trick.
- Matt Farrell picked up seven ground balls.
- Henry Lilly caused three turnovers.
- Jonathan Tesoro made seven saves.
Quarter 1 | HC 3 Navy 1
- Holy Cross took a 2-0 lead as Kevin Kodzis scored two goals in less than two minutes at 11:57 and 10:32.
- Navy struck at 6:27.
- Kodzis completed his hat trick in the first quarter with 10 seconds remaining, assisted by Logan LeBlond.
Quarter 2 | HC 3 Navy 3
- Navy scored the lone quarter two goals at 10:13 and 1:22.
Quarter 3 | HC 4 Navy 3
- Justin Lynskey scored the only goal of the third quarter at 2:18, assisted by LeBlond.
Quarter 4 | HC 4 Navy 5
- Navy evened the game at 7:41 and tallied the game-winner at 3:27.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Navy outshot Holy Cross, 36-28.
- The Crusaders picked up 28 ground balls and the Midshipmen picked up 31.
- Navy won 9-13 faceoffs as Dan O'Connell won four of thirteen faceoffs.
The Crusaders will host Lafayette at 1:00 p.m. on April 7 at Kuznieski Field.