Women's Lacrosse Edges Bucknell, 12-11
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team defeated Bucknell, 12-11, in Lewisburg, Pa. for the team’s third Patriot League win.
The Crusaders (5-8, 3-2 PL) outscored the Bison (2-9, 1-4 PL) 10-4 in the first half. The Crusaders scored the first three goals of the game before the Bison got on the board. Holy Cross added four more goals to take a 7-1 lead before Bucknell scored again. In the second half, Bucknell scored first and Holy Cross responded with two goals of their own. The Bison went on to record six goals but the Crusaders held off the comeback and won, 12-11.
- Five Crusaders had multi-point games.
- Shannon Dudeck scored her first and second collegiate goals.
- Keely Connors added a hat trick and went 3-3 on free position shots.
- Catherine Guanci posted two assists.
- Julia Maloney recorded 12 saves.
First Half | HC 10 Bucknell 4
- Keely Connors scored on a free-position shot at 27:58.
- Bryn Carroll recorded a free-position goal at 27:14.
- Connors added another free-position goal at 25:41.
- Bucknell’s Sarah Galzerano scored at 24:56.
- Holy Cross went on a four goal run, started by Riley Bergholtz at 22:55.
- Baker Earl scored at 20:04, assisted by Bryn Carroll.
- Izzy Grant scored her second goal in as many games, at 19:18.
- Carroll recorded an unassisted goal at 17:19.
- The Bison scored by way of Audrey Walsh at 16:44.
- Bergholtz recorded her second of the day at 11:56, assisted by Maggie Moriarty.
- Bucknell scored two goals, from Sarah Dohler at 8:50 and Lillie Hunt at 7:34.
- Shannon Dudeck rattled off two goals to close the half. She recorded a free-position goal at 5:39 and was assisted by Catherine Guanci at 3:17.
Second Half | HC 12 Bucknell 11
- Bucknell opened up the scoring in the second half with a goal at 28:21 from Morgan Steinhacker.
- Earl recorded her 20th goal of the season at 21:21, with an assist from Catherine Guanci.
- Connors scored at 20:52 to put the Crusaders ahead, 12-5.
- Bucknell went on a six goal run to close the game, scoring but the comeback fell short.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Bucknell outshot Holy Cross, 40-28.
- The Crusaders picked up 16 ground balls while the Bison picked up 14.
- Holy Cross went 20-26 on the clear, while Bucknell went 18-23.
- Maloney had 15 saves, while Bucknell had 8.
- Each team caused 12 turnovers.
Holy Cross will return home to play Lehigh on April 14 at Kuzniewski Field at 2:00 p.m.