Patriot League Academic Honor Roll (2018-2019).
2019 Outdoor (Freshman):
- Placed seventh in the 4x800 (7:49.63) at the New England Outdoor Championship (5/10).
- Had a personal best in the 800 (1:55.54), at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships (5/3).
- Placed second in the 800, running a 1:56.05, at the Holy Cross Men’s Meet (4/23).
- Had a personal best in the 400, running a 51.51, at the Tiger Track Classic (4/5).
- Had a personal best in the 1,500, running a 4:11.93, at the Black and Gold Invitational (3/29).
2018-2019 Indoor (Freshman):
- Placed fifth in the 4x400 (3:20.48) and sixth in the 4x800 (7:50.30) at the Patriot League Indoor Championships (2/16).
- Placed fourth in the 800, running a 2:01.42, vs. UNH (1/19).
- Had a personal best in the 500, running a 1:07.15 to finish seventh at the Howlin’ Husky Invitational (12/8).
Before Holy Cross:
- Two-year member of the varsity indoor and outdoor track & field teams under head coach Christine Kervian.
- Served as captain senior year.
- Received the Leadership Award and Career Award (2018).
- Named Western Massachusetts All-League (2017 and 2018) and Nominated for Athlete of the Week (2018).
- Led team to win the Western Massachusetts Pioneer Valley League in indoor and outdoor track and field (2018).
- Also a two-year member of the varsity soccer team under head coach Brad Miller.
- Won league title (2017 and 2018).
- Led team to win the Western Massachusetts Championship (2018) and played in the D1 State Championship game (2018).
- Played on first men's soccer team in Longmeadow High School history to make it to a State Championship.
- Son of Aaron and Ering Hornyak.
- Mother competed on the crew team at the University of Delware (Class of '95).
- Has two brothers (Luke and Ryan) and one sister (Molly).
- Majoring in psychology.
Hornyak's Personal Bests:
|2019||400m (outdoor)||51.51||Tiger Track Classic (4/5)|
|2019||800m (outdoor)||1:55.54||Patriot League Outdoor Track & Field Championship (5/3)|
|2019||1500m (outdoor)||4:11.93||Black & Gold Invitational (3/29)|