All-America Candidate Kevin Hamilton
Holy Cross Athletics
|Hamilton's Bio Entering 2005-2006
2005-2006 Holy Cross Stats
2005-2006 Patriot League Stats
2005-2006 NCAA Stats
2005-2006 Season Highlights
- Named the Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year, in addition to being a first team all-league selection.
- Selected to the National Association of Basketball Coaches All-District I second team.
- Earned Patriot League Most Valuable Player honors from CollegeInsider.com.
- Averaged 17.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 3.3 steals and 0.5 blocks per game on the season.
- Shot 77.7 percent on the foul line, 38.1 percent from the floor and 33.2 percent from three-point range.
- Led all of Division I with 102 total steals on the year, a new Patriot League single season record.
- Led the Patriot League in scoring, rebounding and steals, while ranking fifth in assists, sixth in three-point field goals made, seventh in assist-to-turnover ratio, ninth in free throw percentage and 14th in blocked shots.
- The only player in the nation to lead his conference in scoring, rebounding and steals.
- Named to the All-Patriot League Tournament team for the third time in his career, following his performances vs. Bucknell (20 points, seven rebounds, four assists, four steals), Lehigh (18 points, five rebounds, four assists, three steals) and Navy (19 points, 10 rebounds, four assists, three steals).
- Earned Patriot League Player of the Week honors on Feb. 20, following a pair of stellar performances at American (22 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three steals; 11 of 12 at the free throw line) and against Navy (17 points, 11 rebounds, eight assists and three steals).
- Had 22 points, a career-high 13 rebounds and three steals in the victory at Lafayette, while making nine of 11 free throw attempts.
- Scored 26 points in the win at Navy, in addition to posting seven rebounds, three assists, three steals and two blocked shots.
- Named the Patriot League Player of the Week following the victories at Navy and Lafayette.
- Totaled 20 points, seven rebounds and four steals at Lehigh, while making four of seven three-point attempts.
- Had seven steals during the Colgate game, including the 247th steal of his collegiate career to break the all-time Holy Cross and Patriot League records for steals. Also scored 24 points against the Raiders.
- Had 18 points, nine rebounds, seven assists and five steals in the victory over American at the Hart Center.
- Totaled 17 points, seven rebounds and four assists against 21st-ranked Boston College, while tying the DCU Center record with six steals.
- Recorded 18 points, nine rebounds and three steals at Bucknell.
- Totaled 21 points, four assists, three rebounds and three steals in the win at Army, while hitting four of six attempts from three-point range.
- Had 18 points and six boards vs. Lafayette at home, while setting a career-high with nine assists and tying the school single-game record with seven steals.
- Recorded 27 points and six assists against Mississippi State in the third place game of the San Juan Shootout.
- Scored a career-high 38 points against Tennessee-Chattanooga in the opening round of the San Juan Shootout, while tying the Holy Cross single game record by making seven three-point field goals.
- Named Patriot League Player of the Week, Holiday Inn Express Crusader of the Week, and to the All-Tournament team at the San Juan Shootout, after averaging 26.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists in three games against Tennessee-Chattanooga, Clemson and Mississippi State.
- Scored 13 points at Cincinnati, including the 1,000th point of his Holy Cross career.
- Named Patriot League Player of the Week and Most Valuable Player of the William & Mary Tip-Off Classic, following the games with High Point (22 points, five rebounds, three steals and two assists, while making eight of 11 field goal attempts) and William & Mary (18 points and nine rebounds).
- Selected to the preseason All-Patriot League team.
- Holds the all-time Holy Cross and Patriot League career records for steals with 292.
- Also set Holy Cross career records for three-pointers made (222) and three-point attempts (640).
- Over the course of his collegiate career, scored 1,492 career points, to rank as the 11th all-time leading scorer at Holy Cross.
- Selected as an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press in 2004-2005.
- Named Patriot League Player of the Year, as well as being named first team All-Patriot League and All-Patriot League Tournament in 2004-2005.
- Averaged 15.7 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.9 steals and 2.8 assists per game as a junior, while grabbing 157 of his 181 boards on the defensive end.
- Shot 35.5 percent from three-point range (82 of 231) and 72.7 percent at the foul line (96 of 132) in 2004-2005.
- Ranked eighth in the nation in steals (2.9 steals per game) during the 2004-2005 season.
- During his junior season, led the Patriot League in scoring, steals, three-point field goals made and defensive rebounds, in addition to placing sixth in total rebounds, seventh in assists, 13th in free throw percentage and 15th in three-point field goal percentage.
- Set school single season records for steals (92), three-point field goals made (82) and three-point field goals attempted (231) in 2004-2005.
- Earned second team All-Patriot League honors as a sophomore, after averaging a team-best 11.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Totaled 69 assists and a team-high 72 steals as a sophomore, while grabbing 104 of his 127 rebounds on the defensive end.
- Hit 41.3 percent from the field (100 of 242), 38.7 percent on three-pointers (53 of 137) and 63.5 percent on the foul line (54 of 85) in 2003-2004.
- During the 2003-2004 season, ranked second in the Patriot League in steals, fourth in defensive rebounds, fifth in three-point field goals made, 10th in assists, 10th in three-point field goal percentage, 12th in rebounding and 13th in scoring.
- Selected to the Patriot League All-Tournament team in 2002-2003, after averaging 12.7 points and 4.0 rebounds per contest, while shooting 63.2 percent from the floor (12 of 19) and 54.5 percent from three-point range (six of 11).
Hamilton's Career Statistics
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Basketball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)