Men's Hockey To Take on RIT
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Crusaders will play a home series the Tigers for their final home series of the 2017-18 season on Jan. 26 & 27. The game on Jan. 26 will be on Worcester’s Charter TV3 at 7:05 p.m. and on Atlantic Hockey TV on Jan. 27 at 7:05 p.m.
• The Crusaders open the weekend in a tie for first place with 24 points in Atlantic Hockey.
• Danny Lopez scored his fourth goal and seventh point in three games on Jan. 19.
• Michael Laffin recorded an eight-game point streak, totaling 12 points on five goals and seven assists.
• Laffin’s eight-game point streak is the longest recorded of any Crusader in the 2017-18 season.
• Scott Pooley continues to lead the Crusaders with 28 points from 18 goals and 10 assists.
• Pooley ranks second in the nation in goals (18).
• Paul Berrafato leads all active goaltenders with 92 consecutive starts.
• Berrafato also ranks 11th in the nation in save percentage (.921)
• T.J. Moore leads the Crusaders in helpers, with 13. He added his 13th assist of the year on the eventual game-winning goal on Jan. 19.
• Spencer Trapp posted his third multi-point game of the season, with one goal and one assist in Holy Cross’ 3-1 win on Jan. 19.
• In league play at the Hart Center, the Crusaders have skated to a 5-2-4 record.
• Scott Pooley has been nominated for the Hobey Baker fan ballot. Vote once daily at www.hobeybaker.com/vote.
Pink the Rink
• On Jan. 27, the Crusaders will team up with HC for a Cure to raise money for Pink Revolution.
Pooley for Hobey Baker
• Nationally, Scott Pooley has scored the second most goals in the nation (18) and ranks fifth in goals/game (0.69)
• On the power play, Pooley has recorded eight goals, which ranks him first.
• In Atlantic Hockey, Pooley ranks third in points, first in goals, and is tied for seventh in power play points (8-2-10).
• Pooley has posted 10 power play points and has recorded at least one point in 18 games this season, along with seven multi-point performances.
• He has recorded two separate six-game point streaks throughout the season.
• With 51 career goals, Pooley ranks in the top three active goal scorers in the NCAA.
Berrafato in Goal
• Paul Berrafato’s .921 save percentage leads Atlantic Hockey while his 2.50 goals against average ranks second.
• In his career, Berrafato has played 102 games with 92 consecutive starts.
• Of the active goaltenders in the NCAA, Berrafato has recorded the most consecutive starts.
• His .921 save percentage ranks 11th in the nation.
• Nine Crusaders have recorded double-digit points through 26 games.
• Seven forwards and two defenseman have surpassed the 10-point mark.
• Senior forward Danny Lopez ranks third in points for Holy Cross, recording nine goals and seven assists for 16 points.
• Lopez scored four goals and added three assists in three games to nearly double his points total.
• Seven of the eight defenseman that have seen time this season have scored a goal.
• Spencer Trapp leads the defensive core with 10 assists and three goals for 13 points.
No Laffin Matter
• Michael Laffin ranks second in points on the team with 21. He also ranks second in blocked shots (40).
• Laffin has recorded 12 points in the Crusaders’ last nine games.
Scouting The Tigers
• RIT comes to Worcester with a 1-5-1 record in its last seven games.
• On the season, the Tigers hold a 9-12-2 overall record and 8-8-1 in league action.
• On the penalty kill, RIT has a 79.6% success rate. On the power play, the Tigers have recorded 15 goals on 82 opportunites for an 18.3% conversion rate.
• With 11 games remaining, RIT sits in eighth place in the Atlantic Hockey standings with 17 points.
Tigers to Watch
• Erik Brown and Myles Powell lead the team in points with 23 each. Brown has posted 16 goals and seven assists while Powell has eight goals and 15 assists.
• Gabe Valenzuela has also tallied 15 helpers.
• Brown added five power play goals to lead the team.
• With all three goaltenders seeing time between the pipes, Logan Drackett leads with 15 games played.
• Drackett has recorded an .868 save percentage and a 3.59 goals against avergae.
• Ian Andriano has played in the last three games for the Tigers, and holds a .875 save percentage and 2.88 goals against average.
The Last Time Out: Niagara
Jan. 19 vs. Niagara: W, 3-1
Holy Cross Goals: Lopez, Trapp, Skelly
NU Goalie: Brian Wilson (25 saves)
Holy Cross Goalie: Paul Berrafato (19 saves)
Power Play: 1-5
Notes: Trapp and Lopez tallied two points each.
Jan. 20 vs. Niagara: L, 6-0
NU Goalie: Brian Wilson (26 saves)
Holy Cross Goalie: Paul Berrafato (35 saves)
Power Play: 0-3
• Holy Cross will hit the road for five road games, starting with Canisius on Feb. 2 and 3. On Feb. 2, the Crusaders will play at 7:35 p.m. in Buffalo, N.Y and at 4:35 p.m. on Feb. 3.