Men's Track & Field Competes at BU and URI
BOSTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's track & field team competed at the URI Coaches Invitational on Feb. 9 and the BU David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Feb. 10.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS AT URI:
- Senior Myles O'Brien placed seventh in the weight throw (14.28m), which was a career best.
- Junior Tom Chiappini threw a 12.35m in the shot put and finished in 16th.
- Junior William Hoffmann placed seventh in the 3000m with a time of 9:14.34.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS AT BU:
- In the 4x400m relay, sophomores Jacob Newton and Freddie Halloran and freshmen Gabe Piepergerdes and Brendan Cogdell placed 28th with a season's best time of 3:22.42.
- Freshman Garrett Fortin placed 50th in the 200m with a time of 22.28, which is a career best and .01 second off a school record.
- Senior Bryan Gallagher finished the 1 mile in 4:24.45.
- Senior Thomas Kalantzakos had a season's best time in the 800m (1:55.49) and also won his section.
- In the 60m hurdles, junior Alexander Escada placed 11th with a time of 9.02. Escada also finished 23rd in the long jump (6.15m).
- Senior Andre Harton finished 13th in the high jump (1.90m).
- Junior Christopher Puntasecca placed 23rd in the pole vault with a 4.05m jump.
The Crusaders will compete in the Patriot League Indoor Championships on Feb. 17.