Holy Cross Heads To Bucknell In Patriot League Quarterfinal Matchup
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women’s basketball team is set to take on second-seeded Bucknell in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament on Monday night in Lewisburg, Pa. Monday’s game will be broadcast online via the Patriot League Network on PatriotLeague.TV.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• Holy Cross most recently earned a 66-47 victory over Colgate in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis was named First Team All-Patriot League. She leads the Patriot League with 17.5 points per game and ranks fifth in rebounds per game with 8.7.
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed earned Second Team All-Patriot League honors. She ranks second in the Patriot League in scoring with 16.4 points per game. She notched her 1,000th career point in the win over Vermont with a jump shot in the third quarter, becoming the 33rd player in program history to reach the milestone.
• Freshman Jenay Faulkner earned the first double-double of her career at American with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
• Head Coach Bill Gibbons earned his 600th career victory with the win over Colgate, making him the 21st active Division I coach to reach the milestone.
SERIES QUICK HITS
• The Crusaders are 44-20 all-time against Bucknell.
• In the last meeting between the two programs, the Bison defeated Holy Cross 72-63 in Lewisburg on Feb. 17.
• The first meeting between these teams took place on Jan. 15, 1991, with the Crusaders earning a 78-59 victory over Bucknell.
• In games played in Lewisburg, Holy Cross leads the all-time series at 15-13.
• The Crusaders are 6-3 all-time against the Bison in the Patriot League Tournament, with their last meeting being in the quarterfinal round in Lewisburg in 2014, a 79-66 win for Holy Cross.
LAST TIME OUT
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed led the Crusaders with 16 points, as the Holy Cross women’s basketball team earned a 66-47 win over Colgate to advance to the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament.
• Thomas-Waheed tallied 16 points while shooting 5-for-10 from the field and adding four assists for the Crusaders (13-17, 7-11).
• Senior Tricia Byrne posted nine points with six rebounds and three steals.
• Sophomores Megan Swords and Kathryn Pedi each notched eight points, while classmate Lauren Manis added seven and led the team with eight rebounds.
• The Raiders (7-23, 3-15) were led by Nia Ahart, who scored 10 points while shooting 4-for-6 from the field.
• The win marked the first Patriot League Tournament victory for the Crusaders since 2014, when the team advanced to the championship game before coming up short to Army for the conference title.
• Holy Cross shot 40.4% (21-52) from the field while holding Colgate to 31.8% (14-44).
• From three-point range, the Raiders shot 41.7% (5-12) as the Crusaders posted 30.4% (7-23).
• Holy Cross had the edge at the free throw line, making 73.9% (17-23) of its attempts while Colgate shot 63.6% (14-22).
SCOUTING REPORT ON BUCKNELL
• Bucknell enters the tournament with a 21-8 overall record and a 15-3 record in the Patriot League through the regular season. They are serving as the #2 seed in the tournament.
• The Bison have won 11 straight games heading into Monday night’s contest, and concluded their regular season with a 75-55 win at Army West Point.
• Kate Walker and Kaitlyn Slagus are tied for the team’s lead in scoring, with each averaging 12.4 points per game.
• Slagus is the team’s leading rebounder, posting an average of 8.8 boards per game.
• Head coach Aaron Roussell is in his sixth season with the Bison.
• The winner of Monday night’s quarterfinal game will advance to take on either Navy or Loyola (Md.) in the semifinals on Thursday night.
Tickets for the quarterfinal matchup can be purchased through the Bucknell ticket office by Clicking Here.