Women's Tennis Earns First Spring Victory With 6-1 Win Over Roger Williams
Holy Cross Athletics 04-11-2018
- Final Score: Holy Cross 6, Roger Williams 1
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross women’s tennis team notched its first win of the spring with a 6-1 victory over Roger Williams Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Allison Reiling posted a hard-fought victory at No. 1 singles, winning 6-4 in set one before falling 0-6 then claiming the win with a 10-7 final set.
- At No. 3 singles, senior Katie Elia earned a point with a 6-2, 6-2 victory.
- Junior Morgan McGuire also earned a commanding win at No. 4, winning 6-3 and 6-1.
- At No. 5 singles, junior Jennifer Kary notched the win in two sets, posting scores of 6-4 and 6-2.
- Junior Caroline Kam posted a perfect victory at No. 6 singles, winning 6-0 and 6-0.
- The Crusaders also claimed a point in doubles play, posting wins in all three matches. Reiling and McGuire teamed up for an 8-6 win at No. 1, while Elia and Martin also earned a win at No. 2 with a score of 8-2. At No. 3 doubles, Kam and senior Meghan Lewis grabbed the win 8-4.
- Holy Cross returns to action tomorrow, April 12, as the Crusaders play host to Franklin Pierce at 3:30 p.m.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Basketball vs. Rhode Island Highlights (12/8/2018)
Women's Basketball vs. Hofstra Highlights (12/5/2018)
Men's Basketball at UMass Highlights (12/4/2018)