Men's Tennis Falls To Boston University, 4-0 On Sunday
Holy Cross Athletics 04-15-2018
- Score: Boston University 4, Holy Cross 0
- Location: Winchester, Mass.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross men’s tennis team took a 4-0 defeat to Boston University on Sunday afternoon in Patriot League action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Michael Varda took the loss at No. 2 singles with scores of 6-0 and 6-2.
- In the No. 3 singles match, freshman Matthew Slowinski was defeated in two sets, 6-0 and 6-1.
- Sophomore Matthew Murphy also took a loss in the No. 6 singles spot, falling 6-1 and 6-0.
- Senior Tom Cimini, junior Peter Campito and freshman Andrew Vroman each had their singles matches go unfinished as the decision went final.
- The Terriers earned a point in doubles play, capturing 6-1 and 6-4 victories in the first two matches while the third match went undecided.
THE TURNPIKE TROPHY
- Sunday’s match was a part of the 2017-2018 Turnpike Trophy rivalry series between Holy Cross and Boston University.
- The series awards points for all head-to-head victories in both the regular season and postseason, with the Turnpike Trophy going to the school which accumulates the most points at the end of the academic year. The series is now 14-4 in favor of BU.
- Holy Cross returns to action Wednesday, April 18, as the Crusaders play host to Boston College at 3:30 p.m.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Basketball vs. Rhode Island Highlights (12/8/2018)
Women's Basketball vs. Hofstra Highlights (12/5/2018)
Men's Basketball at UMass Highlights (12/4/2018)