Men's Track and Field Captures Third at Holy Cross Invitational
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's track and field team finished third overall out of six teams at the Holy Cross Invitational. The Crusaders finished with 101 points with Rhode Island taking first (179 points) and Stonehill taking second (105). Junior Brandon Thornhill broke the school outdoor record in the 110m hurdles with a time of 14.52, which was good for second place and to qualify for IC4As.
- Freshman Michael Pichay hit a personal record in the long jump and qualified for IC4As with a 7.01m leap, which was good for first place. He also placed first in the triple jump with a 14.21m mark.
- In the Holy Cross decathlon, junior Alexander Escada finished with a personal best score of 5849.
- Freshman Gabe Piepergerdes notched a personal best in the 400m hurdles with a time of 55.35 and first place finish. In the same event, senior Freddir Halloran finished second with a time of 55.71.
- In the long jump event, freshman Russell Abbott recorded a personal best leap of 6.41m and fifth place finish. Freshman Jordan Alloway also hit a personal best in the long jump and finished ninth (6.14m).
- Junior Joe Prunty finished sixth in the 1500m run with a time of 4:02.79.
- Sophomore Bobby Tuzzio took first in the 5000m with a time of 15:10.55. Senior Bryan Gallagher finished in fourth with a time of 15:18.08.
- The 4x100m relay team of freshman Brendan Cogdell, sophomore Garrett Fortin and seniors Andre Harton, Darius Lacy finished fourth with a time of 43.54.
- The 4x400m relay team of Piepergerdes, sophomore Jacob Newton, Cogdell and senior Thomas Kalantzakos took first place with a time of 3:22.35.
- In the high jump, Harton finished fourth with a 1.85m leap.
- Junior Christopher Puntasecca placed second with a 3.95m jump in the pole vault.
- Senior Phil Zobrest finished fifth in the shot put with a 13.00m throw.
- Senior Myles O'Brien took third place in the hammer throw (44.04m).
- Junior Myles Connor placed fourth in the javelin throw (50.79m).