Men's Swimming and Diving Takes Third at New England Catholic Invitational
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s swimming and diving team competed at the New England Catholic Invitational this weekend at Boston College. The Crusaders came in third place overall with a team score of 438. Boston College and Providence College took the top two spots respectively.
- Steve Tierney claimed two event wins for the Crusaders. He came in first in the 100 fly with a time of 52.03 and in the 100 free with a 48.00.
- Sam Devine came in third place in the 3 meter dive with a 99.90.
- In the 200 IM, Nathan Kramer came in sixth place with a 2:02.03.
- David Dillard claimed a pair of sixth place finishes. He swam a 1:01.68 in the 100 breast and a 2:18.17 in the 200 breast.
- The Crusaders had a pair of teams in the 200 free relay. Kevin Lagasse, Stephen Dierkes, Sean Severson, and Ben Fox came in seventh with a 1:34.28. Andrew Magel, Will Berlage, Mack Sullivan, and Kaikea Wilinski took eighth with a time of 1:36.96.
The team will take on Iona in a dual meet next Saturday, Oct. 13 at 1:00 p.m.