Women's Swimming and Diving Competes at New England Catholic Invitational
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s and diving team competed at the New England Catholic Invitational at Boston College over the weekend. The Crusaders took fifth place in the competition with a team score of 374. Boston College, Saint Francis, and Fairfield took the top three spots respectively.
- Casey Sherman completed a pair of successful diving competitions, claiming first place in the three meter dive with a score of 219.45 and taking second in the one meter with a 221.15.
- The Crusaders had two top four finishers in the 400 IM with Emily Sullivan coming in second with a 4:40.48 and Isabella Miko-Rydzaj swimming a 4:43.19 for fourth.
- Miko-Rydzaj had a pair of other fourth place finishes as well. In the 200 IM she swam a 2:12.65 and in the 200 fly she finished with a 2:10.96.
- In the 400 free relay the Crusaders took fourth place with a time of 4:30.90 thanks to a team of Miko-Rydzaj, Sullivan, Rose Kelly, and Kayleigh Hoagland.
- Holy Cross finished in sixth in the 200 medley relay with a team of Katy Saladin, Caroline Body, Brianna Larnard, and Gillian Giangrande with a time of 1:53.97.
The Crusaders will take on Iona in a dual meet next Saturday, Oct. 13, at 1 :00 p.m.