Men's Soccer to Travel to American
Holy Cross (2-6-4, 1-2-1 PL)
vs. American (2-5-4, 1-1-2 PL)
|Date||Oct. 13, 2018|
|Last Meeting||Oct. 14, 2017 | L, 2-1 OT|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 7-9-3|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team will travel to Washington, D.C. to play American in a Patriot League match up. The Crusaders and Eagles will kick off on Oct. 13 at 2:00 p.m.
In the 2017 season, the Crusaders fell to the Eagles in overtime, 2-1, in Worcester. Henry Stutz made four saves in the game.
Things to Know About Holy Cross (2-6-4, 1-2-1 PL):
- Holy Cross heads to Washington, D.C. with a 1-2-1 mark in league play.
- The Crusaders average .917 goals per game and allow 1.42 goals per game.
- Simon Becher leads Holy Cross with four goals and one assist for nine points. Becher last struck in the Crusaders 2-1 loss to Brown on Oct. 9.
- Becher was also just named as one of New England Soccer Journal’s top 50 players in New England.
- Henry Stutz has played in each game for Holy Cross and has totaled 60 saves to lead the league.
Things to Know About American (2-5-4, 1-1-2 PL):
- American hosts Holy Cross with a 1-1-1 league record after most recently defeating Navy, 3-2, on Oct. 3 and tying Colgate on Oct. 6, 0-0.
- The Eagles average 1.44 goals per game and 2.56 goals against per game.
- Fabio Massaro leads the Eagles with five goals in nine games played.
- Four Eagles have recorded at least one goal in the 2018 season.
- Lucas Manso has played in nine of American’s 10 games and made 36 saves. Manso has posted a 2.40 goals against average and .621 save percentage.