Women's Swimming & Diving Downs Springfield
Final Score: Holy Cross 167, Springfield 133
Location: Springfield, Mass.
Date: Jan. 27, 2018
The Lead: The Holy Cross women's swimming & diving team defeated Springfield, 167 to 133 with freshman Emily Sullivan placing first in two events.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SPRINGFIELD:
- Sullivan finished first in the 200 IM (2:12.95) and the 200 back (2:14.27).
- Junior Caroline Body finished first in the 100 breast with a finals time of 1:07.89.
- Freshman Brianna Larnard placed first for the Crusaders in the 200 fly (2:12.12).
- In the 1m diving event, junior Casey Sherman scored 247.27, which was good for first place. Sherman also won the 3m diving event (270.45).
- The Crusaders finished first in two relay events. In the 400 free relay, the team of freshman Isabelle Miko-Rydzaj, sophomore Kayleigh Hoagland and seniors Nina Sparre and Katie Conners finished first with a time of 3:39.55. In the 400 medley relay, the team of Hoagland, Larnard, Body and Conners placed first with a time of 4:04.03.
The Crusaders will compete at the Husky Invitiational on Feb. 3 in Storrs, Conn and at Bryant on Feb. 4.