Women's Rowing Heads to Boston for Charles Regatta
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will continue the fall season at the Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston, Mass on Oct. 21.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will race three boats in the Head of the Charles on Oct. 21.
- At last week’s Quinsigamond Snake Regatta, the women’s varsity eight placed second among 18 boats.
- The first Crusader boat to race at the Charles is the women’s alumni eight (Bow #26) at 1:18 p.m.
- In the women’s club four event, Holy Cross will race at 1:57 p.m. (Bow #12).
- The final event Holy Cross will compete in is the women’s club eight at 2:37 p.m. (Bow #13).
- For more information about the Head of the Charles Regatta, click here. A live broadcast is available here.
DIGGINS ON THE RACE:
“We look forward to the Head of the Charles every year. Our placement at the regatta last year netted us guaranteed entries in the Club 4 and the Club 8. Both races are extremely competitive with some of the best Division I women's rowing programs entered along with great rowing clubs from around the world. The athletes are looking forward to hearing chants of "Go, Cross, Go!" from the bridges as they navigate the course on Sunday. We hope many alumni and friends will be there to cheer us on.”
The Crusaders will travel to Philadelphia, Pa. for the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta on Oct. 28.