Men's Soccer to Host Brown
Holy Cross (2-5-4, 1-2-1 PL)
vs. Brown (4-5, 0-2 Ivy League)
|Date||Oct. 9, 2018|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Last Meeting||Sept. 10, 2017 | L, 2-1 2OT|
|Series History||Holy Cross trails, 0-8-0|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team will host Brown at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium on Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 7:35 p.m. The game will be played immediately following the Holy Cross women’s soccer game at 5:05 p.m. against Dartmouth.
The Crusaders and Bears last faced on Sept. 10, 2017 and Brown won, 2-1, in overtime. The Crusaders’ goal was marked an own goal and Henry Stutz tallied four saves in the game.
Things to Know About Holy Cross (2-5-4, 1-2-1 PL):
- Holy Cross hosts Brown with a 2-5-4 overall record and 1-2-2 mark at home.
- The Crusaders return home after a long battle at Bucknell, where they fell in the 109th minute of play, 1-0.
- Henry Stutz has started all 11 games for Holy Cross for a 1.21 goals against average and .779 save percentage. Stutz continues to lead the league in saves (53) and saves per game (4.82).
- Simon Becher leads the Crusaders with three goals and one assist. Max Krause has the second most points on the team with two goals and one assist.
- As a team, the Crusaders average 0.91 goals per game and 1.36 goals allowed per game.
Things to Know About Brown (4-5, 0-2 Ivy League):
- The Bears travel to Worcester with a 4-5 overall record, and 0-2 mark in conference play.
- Brown averages 1.00 goals per game and 1.67 goals against per game.
- The Bears are led by Daniel Schiller, who has scored three goals and added three assists for nine points.
- Only five Bears have found the back of the net for Brown so far this season.
- Three goalkeepers have seen time this season. James Swomley leads, having played in six games, with a 1.99 goals against average and .593 save percentage.