Swimming and Diving Compete in Pentathlon Against Assumption
WORCESTER, Mass. - The men's and women's swimming and diving teams competed in a pentathlon Friday evening against Assumption. There were no team scores at the event, just individual times for each race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The five events were the 100 fly, 100 back, 100 breast, 100 free, and 100 IM.
- For the women, sophomore Emily Sullivan had the fastest time in the 100 fly with a 59.74. SophomoreBrianna Larnard was second with a 59.81.
- Freshman Katy Saladin had the top time in the 100 back with a 1:00.44. Assumption's Anne Guadalupi took second.
- Senior Caroline Body had the best time in the 100 breast with a 1:09.76.
- Junior Kayleigh Hoagland took first in the 100 free with a 54.64.
- Assumption's Abbey Holmes had the top time in the 100IM.
- When all five scores were combined, Sullivan had the top overall time of 5:11.91. Sophomore Isabella Miko-Rydzaj was second with a 5:13.68.
- In the men's competition, Assumption does not have a men's team, but Holy Cross still competed.
- Senior Steve Tierney had the top time in four of the five races with a 55.00 in the 100 back, a 54.70 in the 100 fly, a 49.60 in the 100 free, and a 56.52 in the 100 IM. He had the fastest combined time from the five events combined as well, with a 4:48.65.
- Sophomore Mack Sullivan swam a 1:03.77 in the 100 breast to take the top time in that event.
- Sophomore Nathan Kramer had the second overall combined time with a 4:49.50, and senior Sean Severson was third with a 5:00.27.
Both teams will compete in the New England Catholic Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 5 and 6.