Men's Track & Field Takes Second at Skyhawk Invitational
EASTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's track and field team finished second overall at the Skyhawk Invitational with 205.5 points. Bryant finished first overall with a team score of 259 points.
- In the 110m hurdles, junior Brandon Thornhill took first place with a time of 15.20.
- Freshman Nick Tichiera placed fifth in the 100m dash with a time of 11.67.
- In the 200m dash, freshman Brendan Cogdell took fifth with a time of 23.16. Sophomore Garrett Fortin was not far behind with a time of 23.21 finishing in sixth place. Techiera finished in eighth with a time of 23.37.
- Sophomore Jacob Newton finished first in 400m dash (51.32). Junior Ryan Clark finished third in the same event (52.38).
- In the 800m run, senior Thomas Kalantzakos placed second (1:54.07). Senior Dan McLoughlin placed fifth in the 800m with a time of 1:56.42. In addition, junior Joseph Prunty took seventh (1:59.29).
- Senior Bill Christ placed fourth in the 1500m run (4:23.19). In the same event, sophomore Jackson Skelley finished sixth (4:32.33) and senior John Albinson placed eighth (4:56.13).
- Junior Matthew Silas placed second in the 5000m run (16:06.61). Sophomore Alex Campagna finished third in the same event (16:13.59).
- Escada also finished third in the 110m hurdles with a time of 15.95.
- Freshman Gabe Piepergerdes took first in the 400m hurdles with an IC4A qualifying time of 55.02. Senior Freddie Halloran was right behind with a second place finished with a time of 55.35.
- Senior Andre Harton placed first in the high jump with a 1.86m leap. Freshman Daniel Dempsey took second (1.86m).
- In the pole vault, junior Christopher Puntasecca took fourth (4.25m).
- Freshman Michael Pichay notched a first place finish in the long jump (6.75m). Freshman Jordan Alloway finished fourth (6.10m).
- In the shot put, junior Tom Chiappini placed fifth (11.65m).
- In the discus throw, senior Phil Zobrest took first place with 45.84m toss, which was a IC4A qualifying mark.
- Senior Myles O'Brien took first in the hammer throw (49.54m).
- Junior Myles Connor finished third in the javelin with a 47.99m throw.
The Crusaders will compete in Easton, Pa., at the Patriot League Outdoor Track and Field Championships starting Friday, May 4.