Women's Hockey Wins Fifth Consecutive, Downs Saint Michael's 6-0
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's hockey team defeated the Saint Michael's Purple Knights, 6-0, Saturday afternoon. This is the fifth consecutive win and third shutout for the Crusaders. Seniors Emily Lissner, Kara Violette and freshman Allison Attea led Holy Cross with two points each.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
2-0 HC (1st, 18:13): Lissner notched her fifth goal in two games. This was also her second career short-handed goal.
3-0 HC (2nd, 11:43) Senior Kelsey Goostrey followed up a rebounded shot from freshman Mackenzie Griffith to give the Crusaders a 3-0 lead.
4-0 HC (2nd, 6:20) Lissner stole a Saint Michael’s pass and skated one-on-one with the goalie and scored unassisted.
5-0 HC (3rd, 0:22) Violette opened the third period skating through the Knights' defense and scored unassisted.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lissner leads the team in goals with 12 after scoring five goals in the last two games.
- Violette leads the team in points with 27 and is +18 on the season.
- Attea recorded two points with a goal and an assist.
- Freshman Julia Pelletier got the win and recorded her third career shutout. She is 7-1-2 on the season with a .931 save percentage.
- Violette played her 100th career game and notched two points.
- Five different Crusaders scored against the Purple Knights.
- This is the fifth consecutive win for Holy Cross.
- Holy Cross will travel to Shelton, Conn. to face Sacred Heart on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 26 and 27 at 7:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., respectively.