Swimming and Diving Sets 15 Program Records at Patriot League Championship
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross swimming and diving teams completed competition at the Patriot League Championship Saturday. The men’s and women’s teams set a combined 15 program records over the four-day event. The women finished in eighth place out of ten teams, while the men came in ninth of 10. Both finishes are a one position improvement from last season. Navy won both the men’s and women’s championship for the eighth straight year.
- A team of Danielle Bonistalli, Isabella Miko-Rydzaj, Brianna Larnard, and Kayleigh Hoagland set a program record in the 400 free relay with a time 3:31.45.
- Larnard also set a program record when she finished in ninth of the 200 fly with a 2:03.34.
- Katy Saladin swam a 2:06.77 in the 200 back preliminary to set a program record.
- Steve Tierney swam a 21.15 in a 50 free time trial to grab the program record.
- Nathan Kramer, Ben Fox, Christian Realbuto, and Tierney came in ninth of the 400 free relay with a time of 3:08.92.
- Casey Sherman scored a 215.05 in the three meter dive to finish 12th.
- In the 1650 free, Leah Zogby came in 17th with a 17:41.60. On the men’s side, Ben Vesey finished 27th with a 17:04.82.
- The women finished with a team score of 153, 22 points behind seventh place Colgate and 11 points ahead of ninth place American.
- The men scored a 97, 29 points behind eighth place Lafayette and 19 points ahead of 10th place Colgate.
- Larnard led the way with her involvement in six program records, two in individual events and four as part of a relay.
- Hoagland had a hand in five program records, one individually and four in relays.
- Saladin set two individual records and another two in relays.
- Tierney set the most individual program records out of all Crusaders with three.
- Sullivan broke two individual records and one more in a relay.
- Miko-Rydzaj and Caroline Body were each part of two relay records.
- Bonistalli had a hand in one relay record and Kramer set one individually.