Softball Set To Host Bucknell
|Holy Cross (9-25, 4-8 Patriot League) vs Bucknell (23-15, 6-6 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. | Freshman Field|
|ALL TIME SERIES: Bucknell Leads, 71-31 | LAST MEETING: Holy Cross, 5-4, March 27, 2016|
|Saturday, April 29||12:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||Patriot League Network
|Saturday, April 29||2:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||Patriot League Network|
|Sunday, April 30||12:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||N/A|
The Holy Cross softball team returns home to Freshman Field to host Bucknell in a three-game series from April 29-30 with games set to start at 12:05 p.m. on each day.
Saturday's doubleheader will be broadcasted live through the Patriot League Network and will feature Pete Royce and A.J. Kanell who will be calling the game.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- Holy Cross (9-25, 4-8 Patriot League) is coming off a 2-1 weekend series victory over Colgate in its most recent action from April 22-23. Senior second baseman Emily Krisanda led the team over the course of the week with a .385 batting average and .692 slugging percentage.
- In the past three games, sophomore pitcher Alexandra Held has notched a 0.93 ERA through 15 innings pitched for two wins and 17 strikeouts, as she held the batters she faced to a .132 batting average. On the season, she has seen the most time in the circle for the Crusaders, making 28 appearances and throwing for 110.0 innings. She leads the team with a 4.52 ERA and 65 strikeouts this year, which rank fourth in the Patriot League.
- Junior third baseman Mandy McCarthy leads the team with a .354 batting average and .406 on base percentage. Her batting average ranks fifth in the Patriot League.
- Sophomore shortstop Taylor Wahler currently ranks 11th in the league with a .336 batting average. She has posted a team-leading 37 hits, 21 runs, seven doubles, three triples and .509 slugging percentage, which stands seventh in the conference.
- Junior first baseman Taylor Moss has driven in the most runs for Holy Cross this year with her 21 RBIs, which rank ninth in the Patriot League.
- Head coach Jen Lapicki is in her first season at the helm of the Crusaders.
RECENT SCHEDULE CHANGES
- The Crusaders' home doubleheader against Siena originally set for Tuesday, April 25 was cancelled due to inclement weather in the region.
- Holy Cross then picked up a game at Providence set for Tuesday, May 2 at 5:00 p.m.
SCOUTING THE BISON
- Bucknell is fourth in the Patriot League with a 23-15 overall record and 6-6 conference mark. The Bison are coming off three losses to Army West Point in their most recent action taking place this past weekend.
- Holy Cross came out on top in the two teams' most recent meeting with a 5-4 win on March 27, 2016.
- Meghan Kovac leads Bucknell's offense with a .378 batting average, which ranks second in the Patriot League. Kovac leads the team with 45 hits, seven doubles, five home runs, 35 RBIs and a .580 slugging percentage. Her hits rank second in the league, while her RBIs are first in the conference.
- Pitching through 142.1 innings, Raeanne Geffert (14-8) leads the league with 108 strikeouts and holds a 2.16 ERA.
- Head coach Courtnay Foster is in her second season at the helm of Bucknell.
- Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossSoftball and on Facebook. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.