Men's Tennis Falls to Siena, Despite Big Win by Chen
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s tennis team lost to Siena, 5-2, Sunday afternoon in Worcester. Despite the overall team loss, freshman Will Chen defeated Siena’s Tomos Del Olmo, the nation’s 120th ranked singles player, in No. 1 singles.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chen defeated Del Olmo in No. 1 singles, 1-6, 7-5, 6-1. The victory was a huge one for Chen and the program. Del Olmo had recently won a match against the University of Louisville, so entered this match as a heavy favorite.
- The other win for the Crusaders came in No. 5 singles when senior Peter Campito won, 6-2, 6-3.
- The squad gave great effort in other matches, but just couldn’t convert it to any more wins.
- Senior Henry Harrs, freshman Alexander Ruenhorst, sophomore Matthew Slowinski, and junior Matthew Murphy all competed in singles competition as well.
- Chen and Ruenhorst, Campito and Slowinski, and Murphy and Harrs all took part in doubles competition as well for the Crusaders.
Holy Cross will host Clark next Friday, Oct. 5, at 3:30 p.m.