Crusaders Downed By Navy
WORCESTER, Mass. – Navy’s Cam Davis scored 18 points on six of eight shooting from the field, to lead the Midshipmen to a 69-34 victory over the Holy Cross men’s basketball team at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex. The Crusaders fall to 8-16 on the season and 5-8 in the Patriot League with the loss, while Navy improves to 16-10 overall and 7-6 in the conference.
The Midshipmen hit 46.0 percent of their field goals, 39.1 percent of their three-pointers and 77.8 percent of their free throws on the night, while holding a 39-23 rebounding advantage. Holy Cross was only able to connect on 27.9 percent of its shots from the floor and 12.0 percent of its attempts from beyond the arc.
MAN OF THE MATCH PRESENTED BY THE UNITED STATES MARINES:
- Following the contest, junior forward Jehyve Floyd was selected as the Man of the Match presented by the United States Marines.
- Floyd totaled nine points, four rebounds and two blocked shots.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Navy opened the game with a 10-2 run, and later led 16-9 with 11 minutes left in the first half.
- The Midshipmen then scored 17 straight points to go in front by 24 (33-9), and went on to take a 40-11 advantage into the locker room at halftime.
- The Crusaders closed the margin to 24 points (42-18) early in the second half, before a 17-5 run put Navy up by 36 (59-23).
- The Midshipmen would eventually lead by as many as 39 points, before finally posting a 35-point victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- The 35-point loss was the largest ever for Holy Cross at the Hart Center. The previous mark was a 32-point setback against Navy on Jan. 23, 2000 (81-49).
- The 34 points scored were the fewest by the Crusaders in the modern era, and their least since falling to Dartmouth 59-34 on March 11, 1944.
- Holy Cross returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 10, when it travels to Boston University for a Turnpike Trophy match-up at 1:00 p.m.
BE PART OF THE ACTION:
- Tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don't miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.